I found this on WeightWatchers and made it my own. The recipe on their site is a bit different than mine. You could also throw in a crockpot. That’s not my thing though. Simple and Delicious!
1 pound, chicken thighs
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 celery, chopped
2 onions, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
4 ounces pickled jalapeno peppers, mild variety, diced, drained
14 1/2 ounce canned Hominy
14 1/2 ounce canned diced tomatoes
1 cup water
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Place 1 Tablespoon oil in dutch oven or soup pot. Lightly salt and pepper one side of chicken thighs. Brown both sides. Remove from pot and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside.
2. Add celery, onions and green pepper to pot. Saute until veggies are soft, 5-8 minutes.
3. Add garlic and mix in with veggies until fragrant. 30 seconds.
4. Add rest of ingredients; pickled jalapeno peppers, diced tomatoes, chicken, water, seasonings.
5. Cook at medium high until simmering. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes.
That’s it. How easy is that. Enjoy!!