I saw this recipe while cruising the internet. This was so simple to make and it is absolutely delicious. Give it a try!
Apple Ricotta Cake
(Compliments Food 52 Blog)
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon table salt
1 cup whole milk ricotta
Zest of 1 lemon
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 apple, peeled and grated (should yield about 1 cup)
Confectioners’ sugar for serving
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Butter and flour a 9- or 10-inch springform pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a standing mixer until light and fluffy.
- On the lowest speed, add the eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add the flour, salt, ricotta, lemon zest, baking powder, and apple.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the cake is golden brown and the sides start to pull away from the pan.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out of the pan and cool completely on the rack.
- Sift confectioners’ sugar over the top or serve with your favorite seasonal fruit.
You can’t go wrong with this cake. It takes no time and it is delicious!