Rachel and I went to A’bravo Bistro and Wine Bar for lunch a couple of weeks ago. This happens to be one of my favorite restaurants in Green Bay. When we were there I had the Caramelized Sweet Potato Salad. If you want to recreate this salad the ingredients were: Caramelized sweet potatoes, spring greens, red onion, fresh mozzarella, kalamata olives, almonds, pecans, pepita seeds & parmesan. Served with honey balsamic vinaigrette. It was AWESOME. I had to try to figure out how to make those caramelized sweet potatoes. I think I was pretty close. Here goes;
Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
1 Sweet Potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Rachel thought it was too spicy. I did not. You can omit it you do not like a kick of heat.)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place 1/2 inch cubed, sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat sweet potatoes evenly.
- Spread sweet potatoes out on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (you may need 2 baking sheets. If the sweet potatoes are too close together they will not caramelize and bake evenly. I used 2 baking sheets.)
- Bake 15 minutes. Flip over and bake another 15 to 20 minutes.
That’s it. Simple and Delicious. You can use as a side dish or add to your salad throughout the week. I love putting on my green salads!