Got a call from Martin in NYC today. He was attempting to make pizza dough. He made me realize I needed to update the instructions on this recipe. YIKES!
Needless to say, I make pizza almost every Friday. I have a couple of ‘go to’ recipes for pizza dough. Any pizza dough I make I throw into a food processor. It is quick and painless. It is a great recipe for 1 pizza. You could split in half for 2 personal size pizzas. Here it is;
Go To Pizza Dough 2019
- 2 1/2 cups (300 grams) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 ounces warm water (105 degrees F – 115 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (extra for the counter when you take out of bowl)
- 1-2 tablespoons cornmeal or semolina, for the pizza peel (if you don’t have, use flour)
- Place dry ingredients in bowl of food processor or stand up mixer or mixing bowl if doing by hand. Pulse or mix the dry ingredients together. If using stand up mixer you can use the dough hook or the beater.
- Add water and oil slowly through the food processor tube or into the mixer bowl. Mix until a ball is formed. If doing by hand mix the ingredients together and place the dough on a floured counter. Knead the dough into a ball.
- Place some oil (1 Tablespoon) on counter and place the dough on counter. Roll in the oil and form into a small ball.
- Place dough in 2 quart bowl sprayed with oil. Cover with plastic wrap.
- At this point you can put in your refrigerator overnight and take out 2-3 hours before you plan on using it. (When I put in the fridge overnight I use a gallon storage bag.)
- Or, put in draft free area, let rise 2 hours and use that day.
Put on your favorite toppings and bake at 475 for 10-15 minutes.
Simple and Delicious! Enjoy!!