This recipe is from a Betty Crocker cookbook I have had forever. I have baked this bread for as long as I have been with my husband and that is 36 years. Timeless, huh!! Our whole family enjoys this recipe every. single time. As always, Simple and Delicious!
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 medium mashed ripe bananas (I used a fork to mash them is separate bowl)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup water
1 2/3 cup all purpose unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped nuts (we don’t usually use nuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of loaf pan. I use a 9x5x3 inch pan. I also mix this recipe by hand. No stand up mixer for this one!
2. Combine sugar and butter in large bowl.
3. Mix in eggs until well blended.
4. Add bananas and water and blend together.
5. Stir in remaining dry ingredients until moistened. (If you like nuts, add now)
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
7. Loosen sides of loaf pan and remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.