This is one of Martin’s favorite soups. Since he has moved to NYC I am moving some recipes he enjoyed at home to the front of my blog. Simple and Delicious!
1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and diced or grated. (I generally grate)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups whole milk greek yogurt (not low fat or no fat, use the real stuff please)
1 – 2 cups water (depends on the consistency you like. I generally use 1 cup)
2 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 Tablespoon oil (I use vegetable, olive or sunflower oil depending on what is in the pantry)
1. Mash the garlic and salt together in a large bowl.
2. Add grated cucumber to the garlic and salt mixture. Mix together.
3. Add yogurt to above and mix together
4. Add water. It should be the consistency of whole milk.
5. Add dill and season with more salt to your taste.
6. Serve chilled.