This has been my consistent pizza dough recipe for the last couple of years. I go back and forth with a couple of others but this is my go to recipe. Simple and Delicious!!
Neopolitan Pizza Dough
(this recipe makes 2 – 16 ounce pizza dough balls)
4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 plus 2 Tablespoons warm water (100-109 degrees)
2 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 packet or 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
2 teaspoons olive oil
Cornmeal, for dusting (or you can use flour or semolina flour)
- Be sure to preheat oven to 475 degrees 30 minutes before baking pizza.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor (or stand up mixer or place in a large bowl and mix by hand). I use a food processor. Generally that’s the only appliance I use for pizza dough. On occasion, I will use my stand up mixer with the dough hook.
- Rub 1 teaspoon olive oil over the dough. Place the dough in a large bowl which is lightly oiled. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. You can place the dough in fridge overnight (or 2-3 days) or let it rise a couple of hours and make your pizza(s) the same day.
- If you decide to use the same day, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a draft free, warm area. Give it a couple hours to rise.
- Top with pizza sauce and cheese or whatever you desire.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Did you know you can freeze pizza dough? Bake one dough today, freeze the other and make it when you feel like it. I wrap the dough ball tightly in plastic wrap and place in the freezer. You can take it out the night before and let it defrost, in your fridge overnight.