A friend made a similar recipe at work for us one day last week. I thought it was quite tasty and decided to try it at home. Here is what I ended up doing. Simple and Delicious!
Baked Oatmeal with Berries and Nuts
(This is a single serving. You can double it and make more!)
1/2 cup whole milk (Use any milk you like.)
1/4 cup steel cut oats (You can use regular oatmeal)
2 large strawberries, diced
1/4 cup mix of fruit (I used blueberries and blackberries. Ran out of raspberries! How about a nice, ripe banana? Apple with cinnamon? What do you like? )
1-2 Tablespoons nuts (I used walnuts for Kent’s. No nuts for me! You can use whatever type of nut you like!)
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 375 degrees
- Using a 16 ounce baking dish (I used my trusty pyrex bowl) place fruit on bottom.
- Add honey, brown sugar and salt to fruit. Mix together.
- Add milk and oatmeal to separate bowl or pyrex cup, stir together.
- Pour oatmeal mixture over fruit.
- Place in oven for 30-45 minutes. (This will depend on the oatmeal you use. I used Steel Cut Oats so it took 45 minutes.)
- If the bowl seems too full, place it in oven on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I am not a fan of messes!!