Moved this recipe up the feed. I made Chicken Pot Pie this evening. Super simple and very delicious.
Chicken Pot Pie
6 Tablespoons butter
6 Tablespoons flour
1 medium onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 medium potatoes, diced (I parboil my diced potatoes. If you dice them small enough you wouldn’t have to do that.)
1 cup frozen peas
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup half and half
1 # chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
2 – 9″ pie crust (I use Pillsbury ready made. Makes my life easy.) (NOTE: I prebake the bottom crust at 400 for 20 minutes. I cover the entire crust with aluminum foil. I use pie weights when I remember them! 😉 – this makes for a much crisper pot pie.)
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Melt butter in large saute pan. Add onions and celery and saute for 5 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
2. Stir in flour and mix well.
3. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add half and half and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Sauce will thicken.
5. Add the carrots, potatoes, peas and chicken. Mix well together. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Spray 9″ pie plate with cooking spray or lightly grease with butter. I used a round, glass pie plate.
7. Line pie plate with pie crust. (As noted above, I precook the bottom crust at 400 for 20 minutes.)
8. Fill pie plate with filling.
9. Place pie crust on top and use fork to poke holes on top crust. Fold excess under and form an edge. Crimp the edges and place on baking sheet.
10. Place in 400 degree oven for 30-45 minutes, until top crust is golden brown. When you remove from oven let cool for 5 minutes.
You will love this! Great for leftovers too!!